- Offer to sit at the bar for quicker seating
- Get the biscuits (they come with omelets or you can order separately) and try the strawberry butter it comes with - amazing!
- Check out the bakery for fresh cakes, cookies and more - and you don't have to wait on line
Food: Ok, so the restaurant certainly lives up to its name "Good Enough To Eat". After running a race in Central Park, we were particularly hungry and making a menu decision was extra difficult. We netted out with two omelets and a brunch special pancake dish - good choices I must say!
- Omelets - The omelets come with two biscuits instead of traditional toast and they are delicious! Also, note that the omelets come out on the runnier / less well-done side (as specified in the menu), so if you prefer your eggs cooked a little longer, just let your server know
- Provencal omelet - with roasted red and green bell peppers, Spanish onions and goat cheese ($9.50). We swapped the goat cheese for cheddar and the omelet was still delicious and the ingredients tasted great together.
- Little Italy omelet - with roasted mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese ($9.50). The sun-dried tomatoes added such a unique flavor to the otherwise pretty standard omelet. It was so tasty!
- Biscuits - Each omelet comes with two biscuits and the famous strawberry butter. These biscuits are delicious and not greasy like many biscuits are. One of the best biscuits I've ever had for sure!
- Pancake special - Almond pancakes with bananas, strawberries and crispy bacon on the side. We couldn't say no to this special of the day with thick, cake-like pancakes covered in (healthy?) almond slices, banana and strawberries. Didn't even need syrup because it was so tasty - but the syrup was good too. The kicker... bacon! A bunch of it, and it was extra thick and crispy... = success.
Atmosphere: White picket fence, hanging quilts, cows everywhere... definitely not what you would expect to see on a bustling New York City street, but strangely, it works. Good Enough To Eat not only has great food, it also has a nice ambiance with patient waiters, interesting decorations and quick service. There is outdoor seating, but keep in mind that there will be people leaning over you as they wait for their table (but hey, that may be better than waiting even longer for an indoor seat!)
Good Enough To Eat: 483 Amsterdam Ave (at 83rd Street), 212.496.0163
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 9AM - 4PM