- There are multiple locations throughout the city, all with similar if not identical menus
- Get a free drink with your meal - even if it isn't on the brunch menu
Food/Drink: Overall the food was very good, albeit a bit greasy. Definitely not an every weekend type of brunch, but worth the occasional splurge. (Or just order healthier than we did!). Also, we loved the drink special - a free frozen prickly pear or traditional margarita, or classic brunch cocktail, plus coffee or tea - with your entree.
- El Mexicano Burger - ground beef (8oz) with jalepeno chili elleno, guacamole, and roasted tomato mayonnaise. A fantastic beef burger with an obvious Mexican influence. Filling and tasty - and comes with fries. ($13)
- Smoked Chili Fries - Not a huge fan of cheese fries, but liked the chili spice on top - gave the fries a nice kick.
- Breakfast Quesadilla - handmade thick tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, chopped up bacon and chihuahua cheese. Very good but very greasy. Could only finish half the plate - but it was a delicious half. ($14)
- Mimosa & Screwdriver - chilled and delicious, pretty standard brunch drinks
Atmosphere: I love the atmosphere at Dos Caminos, which has a more trendy, upscale vibe than that of a traditional Mexican establishment. Whether you are seated at the bar, in the front room or the large back dining room, you can take advantage of the interesting decor (including metallic hanging lanterns with different cutout patterns) and solid service.
Dos Caminos Park: 373 Park Avenue South, 212.294.1000