- Don't waste time looking for parking, they offer validation for a lot down the block
- Opt for the Balthazar bread basket to start
- The croissant French toast is delicious
- Steer clear of the frittata
Food: The meal started off with a tiny, spherical roll (really, the smallest roll I've seen) - which was fresh and delicious. But, the table next to us had ordered the Balthazar bread basket which was definitely the way to go. $8 for croissants, mini scones and danishes could almost be a meal in itself.
- French toast - Made on croissants with seasonal fruit compote of mostly blueberries on top. The croissant was a unique touch to make this classic dish extra special, fluffy and flakey.
- Frittata - The frittata with eggplant, mozzarella and tomato was really just an omelet with cheese poured on top. It wasn't nice to look at and wasn't the tastiest brunch I've had. The eggs were too buttery/greasy, and there was way too much cheese pooling on the top. Even after scraping of the excess cheese, I could barely taste the eggplant or tomato. Definitely a disappointment in an otherwise lovely brunch. The potatoes it came with were very good.
- Both entrees came with a good amount of fresh fruit (watch out, the grapes have pits), instead of just a fruit garnish, which was a great addition.
Atmosphere: Again, a beautiful restaurant where the waiters and customers were dressed on the more formal side. The layout with multiple rooms reminded me of a B&B, full of character. The restaurant is great for couples, adult families, or a group of friends getting together to catch up.
Amanda's Restaurant: 908 Washington Street, Hoboken, NJ, 201.798.0101