- Come early or make a reservation to guarantee a table
- If it's nice weather, sit outside to truly combine France with the UWS
- Huge gluten-free menu
- Located at the corner of 79th and Amsterdam - making it the perfect location for starting a Sunday afternoon UWS adventure
- Nice Matin is part of the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America's Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program (GFRAP) and has received formal training on preparing gluten-free meals including how to prevent cross contamination. This is a very important designation for those in the gluten-free community!
- Although a participating restaurant, Nice Matin does not have a separate gluten-free brunch menu (they DO have a separate gluten-free lunch and dinner menu) and does not indicate the gluten-free options on the their brunch menu so make sure to tell your waiter that you are gluten-free. Your waiter will be able to point out what can be prepared gluten-free.
Food: Nice Matin's menu covers brunch and lunch thoroughly.
A majority of the egg dishes are gluten-free and several of the entrees are with some slight tweaking. The pommes frites are NOT gluten-free but the side of potatoes can be prepared gluten-free. Gluten-Free bread is available.
- Scrambled egg whites with one yolk - peppers, scallions and sliced tomatoes. The eggs were very moist, a little loose, but not runny. The peppers and scallions made the dish flavorful and added a nice kick. The tomatoes made for a nice presentation. I really enjoyed the flavors of this dish, but the eggs were undercooked for me. I prefer my eggs to be moist, but firm. The peppers may be overpowering for some.
- Side of potatoes - The potatoes had a nice texture and just the right amount of flavor. They complemented the scrambled eggs whites nicely.
The gluten bruncher can choose from gluten heavy dishes like orange-buttermilk french toast, croque monsieur - black forest ham and melted gruyere, croque madam with a fried egg, a fried egg tartine - grilled sourdough with aioli, ripe tomatoes, pancetta, romaine and two fried eggs, and a number of entrees from steak to chicken to fish.
- Crisp Belgian waffle - with strawberries, whipped cream & maple syrup. Although this gluten-free bruncher cannot eat it, she was told that the waffle was excellent - full of flavor, great texture, and very filling.
Atmosphere: Nice Matin's decor is Parisian with a mixture of booths and tables. It has a nice vibe that hums with the noise of diners, but does not overwhelm.
Nice Matin: 201 West 79th Street, 212.873.6423
Saturday brunch: 10:30AM - 3:30PM
Sunday brunch: 10:30AM - 3:00PM