- This is the place to go if you don't feel like waiting for a table at other neighborhood eateries
- Check out the decor - "cavatappo" means "corkscrew" and there is a large collection of unique corkscrews lining the walls
Food/Drink: Overall, the food and drinks were good, but nothing was overly spectacular. This seems like it would be a good neighborhood spot for a quick meal any time of day where you can get a solid meal at a good price.
- French toast - The French toast comes as three thin slices with a bowl of fresh fruit. The taste was nice but we didn't love the choice of bread and could probably have used a few more slices since they were so thin.
- Eggs benedict - A solid benny.
- Vegetable omelet - We enjoyed the assortment of veggies that included eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, squash, and more. Definitely a unique variety of veggies that you don't find on every menu. Also liked that it came with a salad and potatoes for a complete meal.
- Cocktails - The bloody Marys were a bit weak, but the mimosas were delicious with freshly squeezed OJ
Atmosphere: Love the decor at this restaurant! The front wine bar area is cozy with two large tables and a wall of wine bottles (would love to come back one evening for a drink!). The restaurant area is painted red and has dozens of unique-looking corkscrews hanging on the walls. My favorite was the horn (see photo below)!
Cavatappo: 1712 First Avenue, 212.987.9260
Sat & Sun: 11AM - 4PM